- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
‘Djokovic will be Nadal’s biggest threat at French Open’
- Updated: April 8, 2017
Former Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic is of the view that if there is someone who is capable of stopping Nadal from winning this year’s French Open, it is Novak Djokovic.
He said that he doesn’t know what has gone wrong for Djokovic recently and was unable to explain the star athlete’s dip in form since last year’s Roland Garros win.
Since then, the Serbian has won only two titles Toronto and Doha.
The start to this season hasn’t been promising either.
He lost to Denis Istomin in the second round of the Australian Open and to Nick Kyrgios in Indian Wells.
Ivanisevic said, “It´s difficult for me to comment. Only Novak knows what´s happening in his head, and only he can refind himself because he is a great tennis player. He needs one or two good results to come back where he belongs too.”
Ivanisevic is confident that Djokovic will be back with his A-Game and will soon be a force to reckon with.
On being asked why he picked Djokovic ahead of Federer, the former champion said, “Nadal will be the favourite at the Roland Garros, but the only one who can stop him is Novak Djokovic! Federer won’t play a lot of tournaments on this surface.
“Maria (Sharapova) is about to come back, there will be many younger players and so it will be interesting. Federer plays tennis in an unbelievable way and I think he can keep winning titles, but he will find it extremely difficult to perform after such a long absence.”
With people showing confidence in Djokovic and the clay season just about to begin, he can use the tournaments before the main event to get back to form and make his chances brighter to win the Roland Garros.
Do you think he will rediscover his top form?