- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: February 12, 2018
Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara is desperate to fashion a move back to Spain, and contrary to expectations, he would much rather go to Real Madrid if given the chance.
Why this will undoubtedly cause an uproar is the fact that Alcantara has Barcelona connections, with the playmaker having started his career in the Barca youth team before moving on to the Allianz Arena for more playing time.
Since then, the youngster has established himself as one of Europe’s finest midfielders and could be just what Real Madrid need at this time, with Don Balon claiming he’s keen on the move to the Bernabeu.
Currently, Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez is plying his trade at Bayern Munich, and the report goes on to suggest that the Colombian knows that Alcantara wants to move to Madrid.
A quality ball player like Alcantara is pretty much the order of the day for the Bernabeu faithful, who have seen their team struggle greatly in their title defence, trailing league leaders Barcelona by a margin so big that it is best left unmentioned.
But there is likely to be a lot of controversy if the deal does go through, with players who cross the divide between Barcelona and Real Madrid, even if indirectly, never likely to be popular with their old set of fans.