- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: August 9, 2017
While there is no definite proof that Niki Lauda was ever genuinely interested in signing for Ligier in 1977, the fact that he did test for them is pretty certain, given this rare picture.
At the time, Lauda was in his last season with Ferrari and reportedly in deep discussion with Bernie Ecclestone for a move to Brabham. As things turned out, he did drive for them the following year.
However, Lauda did test Ligier’s JS7 at Zandvoort at the end of the season. One may argue that it was only to annoy Ecclestone before entering serious negotiations…