- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
Great news for RCB fans as Kohli issues return date
- Updated: April 11, 2017
Virat Kohli, who has missed the opening couple of matches for the Royal Challenges Bangalore, is all set to return to action, if the latest news on his Instagram profile is to be believed.
While AB de Villiers returned to the team in Monday’s fixture against the Kings XI Punjab, the team’s batting has been rather exposed in their opening couple of fixtures.
A late de Villiers blitz that saw the South African power the team to a total of 148 – accruing 78 runs in the final five overs—was not enough against a rampant Punjab unit.
With Lokesh Rahul already ruled out of the tournament, the news of Kohli’s imminent return to action will undoubtedly be seen as a huge boost by the supporters and staff of RCB.
Recovering from a shoulder injury, Kohli took to social media today to reveal that he is getting closer to a return.
Kohli, recently instated as India’s Test captain, sustained an injury on his right shoulder during the third match against Australia. The injury saw him miss the final Test as well.
Kohli, while chasing the ball, ruptured his shoulder muscle on Day 1 of the Test. The Indian skipper was rushed back to the dressing room immediately and although he did come out to bat, the pain he was feeling was apparent to all spectators.
Speaking about the incident at the time, BCCI had issued a media release saying, “The Indian captain will undergo rehabilitation after sustaining an injury to his right shoulder. His recovery will be assessed in the second week of April to determine an exact return to play date for IPL 2017.”
While it is evident that Royal Challengers Bangalore have missed Kohli’s presence, going by Kohli’s post on Instagram, the team’s wait to have him in the playing XI soon be over.
Kohli, who posted a video of his fitness drills, wrote, “Can’t wait to get back onto the field. Almost there now. 14th April.”