- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Updated: March 7, 2018
Mercedes star river Lewis Hamilton is not really expected to do many business dealings apart from his own contract at Mercedes, but according to the latest claims of team boss Toto Wolff, the Brit helped them bag a new sponsor.
As reported in Bild newspaper, the quadruple world champion, a fashion aficionado, was involved in connecting New York label Tommy Hilfiger with his F1 team.
Confirming the news, Wolff said, “Lewis made contact last summer.
“It’s a brand he likes. We then managed to put the partnership together.”
This has added to speculation that Hamilton will sign a contract extension at Mercedes, having earlier been linked to Ferrari.
The 33-year-old had even spoken about retiring from the sport altogether a number of times, but given the fact that he has helped secure a multi-year deal with Tommy Hilfiger, one can argue that he will stay at the team for the foreseeable future.
When asked about a 2019 deal for Hamilton, Wolff told Sky Italia, “We are working on a few missing details, as we want to do it well.
“It also depends on how many years we want to extend it for, but I hope to close the contract before Australia.”