- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: March 5, 2018
Mercedes star driver Lewis Hamilton has revealed what it’s like to drive in the team’s challenger for the upcoming season.
Having spent the previous week in Barcelona in pre-season testing, despite the adverse weather conditions that meant that he wasn’t able to get in as many laps as he wanted, Hamilton was still keen to highlight his personal goals for the upcoming season.
The four-time world champion was not impressed one bit about the fact the track at the Circuit de Catalunya was replaced, labelling it a “waste of money”.
Now set to enter his sixth season with Mercedes, Hamilton said that while he was happy with the W09 model, he felt there was more internal pressure than what the team was putting on him.
“To be honest, the pressure I put on myself has always been the most.
“But there’s added pressure. You’re nervous about damaging the car that all these people have worked so hard on – but I know that they don’t think about that.
“They know that I am going to give it everything and that’s what they want to see.
“I know what potential I have in me and I just want to make sure I utilise that and bring the out the maximum potential of the great machine the team has built.”
The new Formula One season will get underway on March 25 with the Australian Grand Prix.