- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: March 13, 2018
Mercedes star driver Lewis Hamilton has claimed that his team’s togetherness is the prime reason why they have a greater chance of beating Ferrari to the world championship once again this season.
The Formula One campaign will start off at the Australian Grand Prix next weekend and Hamilton has already been dubbed favourite to claim his fifth drivers’ championship after his heroics last term.
The fifth title has got extra emphasis owing to the fact that as things stand, Ferrari competitor Sebastian Vettel has also has been crowned on four occasions.
Last season, despite a strong start from Ferrari, Hamilton was able to turn on the heat in the second half of the season and eventually won the championship with two races to spare.
How, Hamilton took the opportunity to congratulate the staff at Mercedes for the work that they have put in during the off season.
“When I come to the factory at the beginning of the year and see the car being designed and built in all these different areas, I am always fascinated,” he said.
“The parts are brought together and make such a work of art.
“I am just amazed at what everyone is able to achieve and I can only say that it is the greatest feeling in the world when I get to that first test and get in the car.
“I feel incredibly blessed to be one of only two people to get to drive this machine.
“Everyone’s done an incredible job and I want them to know we’ll be giving it everything going into the first race and hopefully get the best of the Bulls and Ferraris,” he said.
“It’s really encouraging, being my sixth year with the team, to see how motivated everyone is.
“I think that’s something we all have in common. Everyone’s continuously pushing to better themselves, their work and take it to the next level.
“The unity I have seen develop at this team over the years, there is nothing like it.
“It is hands down the best team because we all work together, and that’s really inspiring for me.
“I will give it everything this season, title number five is the ultimate goal. Let’s go for it!”