Hamilton in trouble after holiday?

dailymail.co.uk

All drivers were given strict orders to attend a Formula One parade in London on Wednesday night, but Mercedes star Lewis Hamilton instead chose to take a two-day break from the action, according to Daily Mail.




He tweeted his decision earlier in the day, and after he didn’t turn up at the event, both Mercedes and Formula One officials are reportedly rather miffed with the British driver.

To think that this has come just days after he said that the British Grand Prix was the most important event on the F1 calendar does come across as a bit strange.

As things stand in the drivers’ championship, Hamilton currently trails Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel by 20 points.

On top of that, Hamilton’s drama with the Ferrari ace at Baku was enough to cause some frustration as well.

He then swiftly went on to post another update on his holiday.

New owners of Formula One, Liberty Media, took a passive aggressive approach to the situation.

“We invited teams and drivers to join us at F1 Live London and we had a fantastic response from all the teams and 19 of the drivers,” A Liberty Media Spokesman said. “Today will be a great day for London’s Formula One fans, seeing race cars and drivers close-up, sharing the passion for F1 ahead of the British Grand Prix.”

A Mercedes representative was later asked about Hamilton’s decision and how the team felt about it. “As Lewis posted on social media, he is on a short break until Silverstone,” the bloke told Press Association Sport.




Hamilton will, in fact, be there for the British Grand Prix this weekend, and he is also slated to attend a media event this Thursday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *