- Big engine update expected from Red Bull
- Hulkenberg on where Renault is lagging behind
- Wolff: It feels like s*** right now
- Ronaldo? Messi? This player is putting them both to shame!
- Real Madrid turn down £42m Liverpool offer
- Journalist to replace Enrique at Barcelona? Surely not!
- ‘I know what went wrong with Alonso’
- EPL QUIZ: Longest-serving players by the club
- Serena poses in bikini, gets titled ‘perfect body’
- Nadal reveals his biggest fear
Kell Brook vs Manny Pacquiao
- Updated: January 12, 2017
Oh ye fight fans, dinner and lunch is served, and it’s a real delish treat!
It has been confirmed that Filipino senator Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao and Kell Brooks are presently in talks over a mega fight to take place in Britain this October.
Eddie Hearn who is Brook’s promoter has confirmed holding discussions with the Pacman’s representative Bob Arum on the positively drool-worthy topic, while we impatiently pant and wait for the result of their negotiations.
Still, the immediate issue seems to be getting a potential clash with Amir Khan out of the way, and Brooks might additionally choose to defend his title against his mandatory challenger, Errol Spence.
But, with Pacquiao reportedly eager to travel to Britain as part of a farewell world tour from the sport that has given him so much fame and fortune.
According to Hearn: ‘I have had several discussions with Top Rank about Pacquiao fighting Brook.
‘They fancy Jeff Horn in April which should be a straightforward fight and now we want to secure this fight in October in Britain. Manny seems keen to travel and I’m sure we can get the dollars together to make it happen.
“Our preference at this point remains a fight with Amir Khan. That is a fight everyone wants to see. Hopefully we will have some news on that soon. We will be looking to decide on Kell’s next move in the next two to three weeks.”
Brooks has not fought since a defeat against Gennady Golovkin in September, his only loss in 37 fights. While veteran Manny Pacquiao is chasing his third-straight win after his controversial defeat on points to ‘Pretty Boy’ Floyd Mayweather way back in 2015. He is additionally due to fight Jeff Horn in April.
What a sumptuous menu we have lined up for you! Let the feast begin!