- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
Mayweather props up Rousey
- Updated: January 13, 2017
Ronda Rousey has just suffered two extra-humiliating back-to-back defeats, with confidence and respect for the former bantamweight champ at the lowest possible ebb. This was the latest whooper was on her eagerly anticipated and hyped return, which she managed to convincingly lose within 48 seconds to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207.
Before that, though, was a devastating knockout by the incredibly combative Holy Holm.
Still, someone, perhaps the most unlikely person in the entire universe, took time to offer words of comfort and encouragement to her.
‘Money’ Floyd Mayweather had kind words for Rousey. The undefeated and filthy rich champ was moved to turn poetic over the Rousey situation. Hear him: “Ronda Rousey, hold your head up, stay focused, keep believing, a true champion can bounce back,” he said to FightHype. “You’ll be okay, everything will be okay. I think that her losing had a lot to do with the time off,” he added.
“She maybe should have competed against another female MMA fighter that wasn’t as active as the female that she faced (Nunes). I think the female she faced was a rugged and tough competitor. She was the better woman that night.
“Ronda Rousey has a lot left, she has a lot left. I don’t want her to think this is the end of the world. She’s hearing it from the best – she’ll be okay.
“Ronda Rousey, hold your head up. You’re still a true champion in our eyes. You made women’s MMA huge, so stay focused, go back to the drawing board and do what you’ve got to do. 2017 is a whole new year… you undefeated this year. Come back, champ.”
Who knew ‘Pretty Boy’ Floyd had a -relatively- human side to him and had a mouth capable of uttering something other than curses and boasts!
As for Rousey, she currently faces increasingly believable accusations that she had formerly been fighting hand-picked opponents carefully chosen not to put her in trouble.
Until now, that is, when the almighty snuck up to her and really whooped her ass.
How the mighty have fallen!