- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: February 2, 2018
La Liga leaders Barcelona are reportedly set to employ Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann in midfield roles next season, with club boss Ernesto Valverde keen to employ an even more attacking line-up than previous seasons.
The Catalan club are very well known for their attacking style of play and even though they lost Neymar in a world record deal to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, they have still managed to score an astonishing 59 goals in 21 league games this term.
Despite being in such terrific form, Barcelona has no plan to tzke things easy and is already on the lookout to sign players that would enhance the current first-team.
Valverde looks all set to make Griezmann a Barca player, with latest reports suggesting that when he does get there, the Frenchman will not play in the forward line.
According to Don Balon, Valverde believes that Griezmann and Messi can be far more effective for the team if played in midfield, with Suarez leading the line.
Instead, Phillipe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele will play on either wing, with Griezmann believed to be the more defensive midfield player in an all-attack formation.
Part of the reason for this is the fact that Valverde believes that Griezmann has expanded the defensive side of his game to a far higher level than Mesi, having been a part of the Atletico Madrid team under Diego Simeone.