- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: May 19, 2017
Barcelona’s star forward Neymar, who has been in good form this season, has reportedly told his close friends that he regrets the fact that he turned down Real Madrid when he had the chance to sign for either of the Spanish powerhouses.
The Brazil international has pitched in with 19 goals and an equal number of assists in all competitions this campaign and has received regular doses of praise from boss Luis Enrique.
Though he is now a well established member of a front-three at the club that includes Argentine Lionel Messi and Uruguayan Luis Suarez, the decision to join Barcelona was not all that straight-forward in Neymar’s head.
With Barcelona having crashed out of the Champions League at the hands of Italian giants Juventus, Neymar is reportedly unhappy at how things have panned out at the club this season.
Even in the La Liga, Barcelona trail Real Madrid by 3 points going into the final matchday of the season.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s side require just a point to claim the league title and with a potential Champions League medal also in the offing, it is reported that Neymar is aggrieved at his decision to not choose the capital as his destination.
At least that’s what Spanish transfer outlet Don Balon would have you believe.
They have claimed that the La Liga giants wanted to sign the Brazil star, but the 25-year-old opted to move to the Nou Camp instead.
He has reportedly told close friends recently that it is a decision he deeply regrets and would change if he “could go back in time”.
Meanwhile, rumours are still doing the rounds about a potential move to Manchester United, where Jose Mourinho is believed to be a keen admirer of the Brazilian’s talents.
It may take a world record transfer fee to bring him to Old Trafford though.