- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
Real Madrid can have Hazard, but Chelsea want player in return
- Updated: January 31, 2018
Real Madrid’s interest in Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard have been well documented and it appears like Blues owner Roman Abramovich will let this deal take place as long as he can get a player back to Stamford Bridge in return.
The Russian billionaire is believed to have given up on the prospect of keeping Hazard at the club and has marked Marco Asensio as a player who can replace the Belgian playmaker.
At least that is the claim of Don Balon.
Hazard has previously spoken about how he admires Real Madrid as a club and someday wishes to play for them, and it would not be surprising if club president Florentino Perez goes all guns blazing in an attempt to sign one of the most talented players in the world as he begins to form a new-look ‘galactico’ side.
Asensio, meanwhile, is also believed to be getting fed up with a lack of game time at the Bernabeu, and is rumoured to be seriously considering his options.
While he has not openly spoken to the media about his discontentment at the current state of affairs, it can be put down to a good level of professionalism on his part.
He recently said, “It is difficult to manage a squad as good as our one, but Zidane knows he can count on me.
“I work hard every day to earn more minutes, but I am aware of where I am.
“I am at the best club in the world and I am happy at Real Madrid.”