- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
Record transfer bid being readied by Liverpool for Bundesliga star
- Updated: July 4, 2017
Liverpool may have just smashed their record transfer mark when they signed Mohamed Salah, but the Juergen Klopp-led outfit look set to make a move that would eclipse this mark by quite a margin.
A bid of £70million is reportedly being readied by the Anfield hierarchy to acquire the services of RB Leipzig’s Naby Keita.
However, it won’t be easy, with the German club’s CEO Oliver Mintzlaff insisting that they are ‘immune’ to any and all offers Liverpool make for their star man.
When he was asked by Sportbuzzer about whether he had heard of such talk, he said, “Yes. And that topic is boring.”
Naby Keita enjoyed a good season in the Bundesliga last year, creating 41 chances for his team and getting on the score-sheet 8 times. He also chipped in with a notable 7 assists.
“This is only our second Bundesliga season, our squad is still the youngest and most likely also the most inexperienced,” Mintzlaff added.
“Sure, it would be great to start where we left off. It’s an advantage that there’s no upheaval.”
On his part, the player himself is believed to be interested in the chance to work with Klopp. The fact that he is “excited” about the prospect in featuring in the English Premier League is also a well-documented fact.
The midfielder, who has been eyed as a successor to former Liverpool star Steven Gerrard, is reportedly Klopp’s top target in the summer and the exuberant German manager is reportedly pushing those in power to swiftly close the deal.
As of this moment, no formal offer has been placed on the table.
But, Liverpool are ready to test the resolve of the German side and meet the initial outrageous asking price of £70m.
Liverpool plan to break their transfer record several times this window with huge deals planned for a centre-back and another midfielder.
So far, Dominic Solanke and Salah are the only two new arrivals at Anfield.