- Big engine update expected from Red Bull
- Hulkenberg on where Renault is lagging behind
- Wolff: It feels like s*** right now
- Ronaldo? Messi? This player is putting them both to shame!
- Real Madrid turn down £42m Liverpool offer
- Journalist to replace Enrique at Barcelona? Surely not!
- ‘I know what went wrong with Alonso’
- EPL QUIZ: Longest-serving players by the club
- Serena poses in bikini, gets titled ‘perfect body’
- Nadal reveals his biggest fear
Ronaldo? Messi? This player is putting them both to shame!
- Updated: April 20, 2017
Kylian Mbappé, a graduate from Monaco’s youth academy, has taken French and European football by storm this season.
Having made his debut in the 2015/16 season – he has featured across 36 matches this season, scoring 22 goals and creating a further 11.
For an 18-year-old, that already makes for very impressive reading. Of course, the bloke also received his maiden international call-up for France last month, but it is his performances in the Champions League that has really caught everyone’s attention.
I know most of us are either on the Cristiano Ronaldo bandwagon or big Lionel Messi fans, but Mbappé has shown early signs that he could be part of the next generation of players looking to overtake the plethora of records that the two modern greats have amassed.
Some of the most notable ones have come in the Champions League, a competition in which he is playing an instrumental role for Les Monégasques, as they attempt to win a first European Cup.
It was evident in their quarterfinal tie against Borussia Dortmund, where he was literally unstoppable.
Here’s a list of where he has bettered the performances of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi before their 19th birthday…