- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: May 3, 2017
Footballers are known to make an absolute killing in the top leagues around the world and while many believe that they deserve every penny they earn, the sums that these blokes accrue after every week makes for eye-popping stuff.
In terms of the financial benefits that these superstars bring to their club, it is perhaps a justified expense to spend so much on them. Some guys, though, especially those who are participating in the Chinese Super League, have really struck gold.
The fact that Graziano Pelle features in this list of the top 20 highest paid footballers in the world almost enforces the fact that he really was born with a golden spoon.
Scroll the list to see how much your favourite superstar pockets…