- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: April 19, 2017
We can try hard, but it’s almost impossible to forget the childishness of Max Verstappen, who at 19 years of age, does the exact same things as you’d expect from any teenager.
It’s perhaps his exploits in a Formula 1 car that help make him seem anything but annoying. In fact, you almost tend to laugh along whenever he decides to pull off one of his pranks. And they come around often enough.
Let’s not forget that the rookie is the youngest F1 race winner in the sport’s history (and holds a plethora of other records).
When a clip of the youngster interrupting a Dutch F1 TV anchor after Sunday’s Bahrain GP showed us his playful nature, we can’t help but laugh. Unfortunately, there was one person who wasn’t laughing, at least not initially, reporter Olav Molfor.
In the video, the youngster gave Molfor a slight shove as he was recording a little piece ahead of his scheduled programme.
It led to a host of abuses in Dutch, but Verstappen took it all with a smile.
The opening few lines go like this:
Olav: [realising an F1 driver just wrecked his shot] “F***.”
Max: [interrupting] “Are you having fun?”
Arguably the best moment is when Molfor realises it’s Max and gives him a wry smile before cursing at him…