- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: April 19, 2017
Arsenal and Manchester United were reportedly the two teams leading the chase for Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez in this summer’s transfer window.
However, Spanish media house Don Balon claims that the Gunners have handed a huge transfer boost to their rivals United, and it’s all their mistake.
The report points to the potential transfer of David Ospina moving to Turkish side Fenerbahce being a big reason as to why Rodriguez will no longer want to move to the Emirates in the summer.
The Colombian pair are brothers-in-law and Ospina has reportedly been pushing for Rodriguez to join the Gunners as soon as he possibly can. With his departure, it is believed that the Real Madrid midfielder wants to move to a club “with a more illustrious background”.
Don Balon claims this has left Manchester United free to snap up the former Monaco man who is reportedly keen to leave the Bernabeu this summer. It is believed that Jose Mourinho is a huge fan of his abilities and has identified him as a vital component in a revamped team that he is looking to build.
Rodriguez has been starved of first-team opportunities this season by Zinedine Zidane, making just nine La Liga starts.
He has made just 27 appearances in all competitions, scoring six goals and providing 13 assists.
The Colombia international is under contract at the Bernabeu until June 2020.