- Palmer points to teammate that Hamilton would love to have
- Alonso takes a dig at Honda and points to troubles for Toro Rosso
- Hamilton on why Mercedes will triumph in 2018 and it is not due to the W09
- Alonso reveals why he did not quit F1 despite leaning towards exit
- Vettel offers crisp reply to Ferrari critics
- Hamilton’s ‘oompa loompa’ ex-girlfriend reveals champion’s strange toilet demand
- Hamilton helps Mercedes bag sponsorship deal
- Verstappen responds to Wolff’s early season prediction
- Ferrari boss opens door to staying in F1 if Liberty Media follows instruction
- Halo not disturbing drivers’ vision, but glaring problem remains
- Updated: October 11, 2017
Recently, Red Bull team member Helmut Marko had said that Mercedes boss Toto Wolff had lacked “style” by meeting with Jos Verstappen, the father of Red Bull driver Max.
This was in direct reference to the fact that many were speculating that the meeting was a result of the Austrian looking to poach Max as the Dutchman’s contract nears its final year.
However, Wolff was not in the mood to tolerate Marko’s words.
He said, “I have had a good relationship with Jos since Max was not even close to formula one.” The Mercedes chief described his meeting with Jos and the Dutchman’s management as mere “coffee with friends”.
According to Bild newspaper, Wolff also responded to Marko’s claim that only Red Bull has the “balls” to give F1 debuts to young drivers, “in contrast to Ferrari and Mercedes”.
Wolff said, “Quite honestly, here at Mercedes we think with our heads rather than our balls.”